Buying Manager - BrasJob ref: (BD00882)
Debenhams is currently embarking on a business wide transformation via our Debenhams Redesigned strategy. We are focused on putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, investing heavily in analytics to further understand our shoppers and allow us to deliver a 'confidence boosting, sociable and fun' experience.
We are placing emphasis on our in-store and digital experience, to make Debenhams a leading Digital and Different high street Destination. In order to achieve our exciting new goals, we need the best talent in the market!
If you bring an innovative, collaborative and customer centric approach, and aren’t afraid of a challenge we want to talk to you!
Buying Manager - Core Bras
We are currently looking for a Buying Manager or Senior Buyer to join our Home Lingerie division. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is looking for a new challenge, ideally with a background in Lingerie as this role will look after core bras, with responsibility on our growing fuller bust department. The position will manage a team and work closely with the buying teams within our Women's Accessories and Lingerie division. Due to the success of this division, this role will offer an exciting opportunity to make a difference and contribute to our Debenhams Redesigned Strategy.
- Division: Lingerie
- Level: Middle Management
- Location: London Support Centre, Regents Place, NW1 3FG. http://www.regentsplace.com/contact-us
What you will be doing…
You will be accountable for the delivery of the product strategy for your business area, with the overall goal of achieving and exceeding sales and profit targets for that area, across all channels including international and Digital. You will drive the delivery of balanced and innovative ranges for the area, with the strategic product vision at the centre of the product development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver seasonal and innovative product in line with the Critical Path
- Accountable for anticipating and meeting the product requirements of the customer, by creating a balanced and innovative range, through price point and quality
- End to End responsibility for delivering the area P&L across all channels
- Partner with Planning teams in assortment and buy planning to ensure true choice to the customer
- Be proactive in anticipating the impact of commercial decisions. Take considered risk to drive sales and profit
- Use new and existing brand/product analysis for in-house, concession, and international brands where relevant to contribute to the area’s strategic product plans
- Accountable for the assortment and buy planning to deliver the right balance of newness and depth of buy
- Responsible for formulating a profitable product mix to meet the needs of international and UK customers
- Review and sign off all combined channel, market and brand financial plans for area, and communicate plans to Buying team
- Buyers to ensure that ranges meet overall strategic guidelines in terms of price, trend and category mix
- Present commercial and innovative product ranges to the Head of Buying / Buying Director / Trading Director, to ensure they are in line with the strategic direction and financial plans
- Negotiation of all products through maintaining a close working relationship with key suppliers and stakeholders
- Establish and drive departmental sourcing strategy supported by their respective partners
- Review seasonal analysis with Planners ensuring commerciality, to forecast and make recommendations future season
- Use seasonal analysis to build new and exciting ranges delivered from key suppliers and manufacturers
What you will bring…
You will bring strong negotiation and buying skills as well as commercial acumen and will be accountable for the P&L of your area. You will bring expertise in delivering the correct product for our brands, optimising a global supply base, ensuring product focus & customer insight and to maximise the overall financial performance of your business area. As well as strong stakeholder management skills as you will work closely with stakeholders across the business including Design, Sourcing, Planning and Marketing, you will be used to managing and leading with integrity and providing leadership to colleagues where relevant, including development, coaching and recruitment. You will bring a comprehensive understanding of the retail sector from a multi-channel environment and will bring experience across a variety of categories.
What you will get in return…
Competitive salary and benefits package
To support this business transformation, our people need to demonstrate:
Energy – One Team – Ownership – Ambition
MAKE IT HAPPEN – MAKE IT BRILLIANT – WE’LL BACK YOU ALL THE WAY