Finance ManagerJob ref: (FIN00510)
Debenhams is currently embarking on a business wide transformation via our Debenhams Redesigned strategy. We are focused on putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, investing heavily in analytics to further understand our shoppers and allow us to deliver a 'confidence boosting, sociable and fun' experience.
We are placing emphasis on our in-store and digital experience, to make Debenhams a leading Digital and Different high street Destination. In order to achieve our exciting new goals, we need the best talent in the market!
If you bring an innovative, collaborative and customer centric approach, and aren’t afraid of a challenge we want to talk to you!
Location: London Support Centre, Regents Place, NW1 3FG. http://www.regentsplace.com/contact-us
What you will be doing...
Debenhams are looking to recruit a passionate Finance Manager to lead a team that delivers financial analysis and control for their designated business area.
The successful candidate will be a confident finance business partner to senior leadership team members across Debenhams, and will be responsible for;
- Financial management of the business area P&L, capex, cash flow and balance sheet; this includes supporting the Head of Finance to execute the strategic planning, operational planning / budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Engaging with key stakeholders in support of projects and day to day service provision
- Managing the provision of financial and operational reporting to stakeholders to improve performance and profitability; ultimate responsibility for quality of work produced
- Delivering value added analysis, insight and business performance improvement; ensuring financial integrity and effective usage of the management accounts for the business area
- Upholding a continuous improvement mindset and seeks opportunities to drive positive change in the finance division and business processes to improve efficiency, maximise value for money and improve stakeholder experience
- Working collaboratively with business area and other cross-functional teams
- Ling managing and supporting the Head of Finance to coach and develop Assistant Finance Analysts
- Demonstrating the Debenhams behaviours through how work is delivered
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
What you will bring….
- You will be able to build relationships and deal confidently with people at all levels, including senior management as this will be a key part of your role. You will:
- Be a finance qualified professional (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with experience working in a similar role, ideally within a retail environment
- Have a high degree of financial modelling, planning and forecasting techniques
- Have the ability to manage process change and transformation initiatives
- Be able to understand and communicate business strategy
- Have experience leading a team (desirable)
What you will get in return…
- Up to 25% discount in stores and online
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to develop your career in fun and dynamic environment
- Access to external discounts and promotions through Perks@Debenhams
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Access to In-house Sample Sales
- Early Finish Fridays on Pay Day
- Subsidised Restaurant