Infrastructure Solution SpecialistJob ref: (IS00347)
Infrastructure Solution Specialist
At Debenhams, the passion and ambition of our people has been shaping who we are for more than 200 years.
Debenhams is a major employer with around 30,000 staff in the UK, Republic of Ireland, China, Bangladesh and Denmark, plus thousands more who work in our franchise stores around the world.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and growing the very best talent in the industry. We are constantly expanding in the UK, internationally and online and need the best talent to help us achieve our goals.
Everyone is someone at Debenhams, who will you be?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Solution Specialist within our Infrastructure & Operations team of the Information Systems Division. This position is based in Taunton.
The Infrastructure Solution Specialist will be responsible for the design, implementation and configuration of all technical infrastructure solutions, providing technical advice to I.S., the business, and working with key technology partners. They will ensure that systems remain stable, accessible & secure, and contribute to any service improvement plans. The Infrastructure Solution Specialist will use their deep and specialist knowledge of specific technical domains to ensure Debenhams optimally exploits technology choices it has made and continues to manage these technologies in an appropriate way.
- Works closely with the Architecture, Service Delivery and Solution Delivery teams to ensure new systems and services are designed, implemented and configured smoothly and are able to be maintained so that through their lifecycle they operate in a robust and effective way for the business
- Provide technical recommendations, advice and guidance on infrastructure solutions to meet new business and existing requirements. Recommend new infrastructure projects that are cost effective, fit for purpose and enhance our systems to meet business requirements
- Provide 3rd line support of the technical infrastructure used by Debenhams. Typically dealing with the most complex and difficult to resolve incidents or those of a technical nature with a particularly high business impact
- Contribute to delivering commercially viable and technically appropriate solutions, ensuring project controls, costs and timescales, including risks and issues are managed
- Develop appropriate installation, configuration and support documentation for specified domains of technical infrastructure
- Maintain a working knowledge and marketplace awareness of technology within area of expertise so that existing technologies are fully exploited to achieve the optimum solution
- Contribute to the capacity plans for key systems to ensure the infrastructure supports future growth profiles
- Provide remote support diagnoses and resolution as required
- Build a good relationship with external suppliers for the on-going support and maintenance of relevant hardware and software
- Degree in Computer Studies or related field
- Microsoft qualification preferred
- Strong commercial Linux experience
- Enterprise experience of VMWare
- ITIL awareness
- In-depth technical skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills at all levels
- Technical documentation skills with attention to detail
- Professionalism when interacting with customers
- Ability to communicate and diagnose issues via telephone
- Team player, strong organizational & time management skills
- Ability to adopt flexible patterns of work
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Proactive and energetic, oriented to results
This role is based in our Taunton Support Centre, Bedford House, Park Street, TA1 4DB.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25% discount (after qualifying period)
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite subsidised restaurant
- Access to excellent in house training that will really progress your career!