Print Finisher TechnicianJob ref: (MAR00374)
Print Finisher Technician
At Debenhams, the passion and ambition of our people has been shaping who we are for more than 200 years.
Debenhams is a major employer with around 30,000 staff in the UK, Republic of Ireland, China, Bangladesh and Denmark, plus thousands more who work in our franchise stores around the world.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and growing the very best talent in the industry. We are constantly expanding in the UK, internationally and online and need the best talent to help us achieve our goals.
Everyone is someone at Debenhams, who will you be?
Magenta Print & Display is the trading name of Debenhams Print Department.
Magenta operates solely for the benefit of the Debenhams business. Our core purpose is to ensure an effective supply of printed material to all the UK & Irelands Debenhams stores, plus some external commercial products.
We aim to ensure that products and services provided are comparable with the best print suppliers in terms of; price, product quality, quality of service and support to (internal) customers and stores.
As well as operating our own production facilities, effective project management is of great importance. Ownership of critical paths and ultimate delivery deadlines falls within the responsibility of the department and the management team.
Services are provided to any department within the business which requires support in the acquisition of printed material. The majority of spend comes from Marketing, although Food Services, Direct, Stores, Retail Operations, International, Finance, and HR all require varying degrees of support from the department.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Print & Production site based in Priorswood, Taunton for a full time Print Finisher Technician. As a Print Finisher Technician, you will turn a printed substrate into a finished product ready for despatch such as large format banners, point of sale tickets & graphics, vinyls and sewn stretch banners. Skilled operation of machinery such as Large Format Esko cutting tables, Fotoba XY slitter, Polar guillotine and use of Seal laminate/mounting equipment is required. You will create large format displays & signage using intricate handwork and use of drills, saws, glues, and store fitting techniques.
- Machine operation to complete task within tolerance & deadline.
- Product building to complete task within time frame & tolerance.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Maintain / clean and housekeeping of machinery.
- Adhere to all H&S policies, signage, & safe systems of working.
- Hand finishing / packaging.
- Any print related duties associated with the dept. within skill set.
- Innovative solutions.
- General awareness and respect for product with a review to highlight or avoid imperfections.
- Flexibility to work in any part of Post Press Department.
- Print Finishing machinery such as Polar Guillotine, Esko Cutting tables /Fotoba Slitting devices, Seal Laminate and Mounting
- Hand work product building display units
- PC Literate
- Experience, knowledge of the print trade
- Engineering/mechanical knowledge
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideally experienced in and around a Large Format Display Finishing department, handling large graphics, mounting, laminating, construction and of its associated machinery.
This role is based at Magenta Print & Display, Unit E, Venture Way, Crown Industrial Estate, Priorswood, Taunton TA2 8DE.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25% discount (after qualifying period)
- 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite subsidised restaurant
- Access to excellent in house training that will really progress your career!