Senior Email DesignerJob ref: (MAR00312)
Role Title: Senior Email Designer
At Debenhams, the passion and ambition of our people has been shaping who we are for more than 200 years.
Debenhams is a major employer with around 30,000 staff in the UK, Republic of Ireland, China, Bangladesh and Denmark, plus thousands more who work in our franchise stores around the world.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and growing the very best talent in the industry. We are constantly expanding in the UK, internationally and online and need the best talent to help us achieve our goals.
Everyone is someone at Debenhams, who will you be?
This role is sitting within the Creative department of the Marketing Division in our London Head Office.
As a Senior Email Designer the main remit of your role will be to produce and oversee designs for the company’s E-mail distribution channels upholding brand ideals, customer insight and user experience. You will be required to lead, motivate and oversee more junior designers within the team with 1 direct report.
- Design and develop responsive digital content to drive conversion through effective campaign email marketing communication
- Provide interactive design knowledge & skills to create engaging email content
- Liaise internally with senior members across different departments to create and translate initial ideas, briefs and company objectives into designs for emails
- Liaise externally with agencies, delivering and overseeing objectives and briefs
- Maintain and adapt digital portrayal of the company’s brand and its core values through development of new designs
- Design responsive, mobile-first email templates
- Respond to customer insight with improvements and developments as needed
- Utilise customer insight & known/acquired behavioural statistics to continually enhance the design led experience
- Strong Email design experience, ideally within the retail sector
- Knowledge of email capabilities
- Expert level using Adobe Photoshop and illustrator
- Experience using online CMS tools
- Good experience of HTML, CSS & Jquery would be desirable
- Firm understanding of best practice UX (user experience) design
- Relevant awareness of the latest developments within the email and the digital space
- Experienced in interpreting briefs with design concepts at an ideation stage
This role is based in our London Head Office in Regents Place, NW1 3FG.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25% discount (after qualifying period)
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite subsidised restaurant
- Access to excellent in house training that will really progress your career!