Solution DesignerJob ref: (IS00317)
At Debenhams, the passion and ambition of our people has been shaping who we are for more than 200 years.
Debenhams is a major employer with around 30,000 staff in the UK, Republic of Ireland, China, Bangladesh and Denmark, plus thousands more who work in our franchise stores around the world.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and growing the very best talent in the industry. We are constantly expanding in the UK, internationally and online and need the best talent to help us achieve our goals.
Everyone is someone at Debenhams, who will you be?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Designer within our Solution Delivery team of the Information Systems Division. This position is based in Taunton.
You will be working on our challenging and exciting Buying and Merchandising transformation project, implementing the Oracle Retail Suite into our legacy operational systems
The Solution Designer is responsible for translating business requirements into the design of technical solutions that are cost effective and are in line with the business strategy.
- Producing scalable, high quality solutions across Debenhams systems.
- Ensuring quality integration between operational systems and the new Oracle RMS system.
- Work closely with Developers and 3rd party solution designers, to ensure deliverables are continuously reviewed and managed against the solution design
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with the business analysts and stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with the delivery managers, delivery leads, project managers, business analysts and stakeholders to ensure each solution design is fit for purpose and meets the overall roadmap.
- Responsible for ensuring that components and solutions delivered within the Information Systems programmes and projects are aligned to architectural framework, working closely with the wider architecture community.
- Provide high-level estimates for the delivery of the technical elements of the project, so that the informed decisions can be made about the best way to deliver required change.
- Educated to degree level in an I.T. discipline, ideally specialising in software engineering / application development.
- Strong software engineering background.
- Demonstrable technology delivery development experience encompassing knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced technology solutions.
- Previous experience of working with multi-skilled teams to deliver change programmes.
- Proven ability to deliver flexible, reliable, supportable, cost effective (packaged and bespoke) I.T. solutions.
- Experience of working with in-house and third party technical design teams to ensure appropriate solutions are designed and implemented on track and on budget.
- Practical working knowledge of technology / software, e.g., iSeries RPG, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Design Patterns, Java Server Page (JSP), Java Management Extensions (JMX), Web Services, Oracle and other databases.
- Expert in facilitating workshops and working design groups across all areas and levels of the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to synthesis complex technical information into compelling design documents.
- A high degree of innovation and creativity, balanced with the ability to make complex and clear decisions.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25% discount (after qualifying period)
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite subsidised restaurant
- Access to excellent in house training that will really progress your career!