User Interface (UI) DesignerJob ref: (EC00263)
For over 200 years Debenhams has been committed to attracting, retaining and developing the very best people in the industry to deliver the best experiences and products for our customers. We are constantly expanding in the UK, Internationally and Online and we need the best talent to help us achieve our goals!
Everyone is someone at Debenhams, who will you be?
Level: Junior Management Location:
London Support Centre, Regents Place, NW1 3FG. http://www.regentsplace.com/contact-us
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic User Interface Designer to join the team at Debenhams. Reporting to the Senior UI Designer, this role will include defining designs for key development projects, and championing the brand online.
This role seeks an individual with a deep understanding of design methodologies, practices and principles who can deliver highly polished, pixel perfect designs that are backed by sound reasoning.
What you will be doing…
- Producing a wide variety of visuals including journey flows, concepts and final visuals.
- Working collaboratively with UX designers to visualize research and data
- Translating both low and high fidelity wireframes/prototypes into final visuals
- Capturing and articulating specific design interactions to developers
- Championing the brand guidelines and translating them for digital mediums
- Producing high quality final designs in a format suitable for our development and delivery teams
- Supporting projects through the full project cycle, right from the conceptual states, all the way through to go-live, ensuring the design vision is met and standards upheld
- Collaborating with the rest of the product team, including UX designers, Developers and Test teams
What you will bring…
- Experience working as an Interface Designer (or similar)
- A strong portfolio, showing design skill & involvement in previous projects
- Experience working within and contributing to a brand design system
- Familiarity using Sketch as a preferred design tool (or Photoshop)
- Excellent organizational skills of assets and actions
- An understanding and good awareness of the latest HTML/CSS and front end coding practices
- Awareness of best practice for design, as well as emerging trends and tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills, demonstrating ability to articulate their designs to other members of the team
What you will get in return…
- Up to 25% discount in stores and online
- Access to external discounts and promotions through Perks@Debenhams
- Access to Debenhams Pension Savings Plan
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Access to training and development
- Early Finish Summer and Payday Fridays!